The tradition continues as the School of Communication hosts COM Week 2014. Twelve undergraduate interns have worked throughout the year to plan the event, which takes place April 14 through April 17. The four day event will be packed with 15 panels and nine keynote speakers.
In addition to the panels and speakers, there will be a two-segment career institute consisting of an education segment and a networking segment. The education segment will allow students to ask questions about resumes, portfolios and interviews. Students will have the opportunity to network with professionals, many of whom are Illinois State University SoC alumni. Students will also be recognized for their hard work at the Awards and Scholarships Luncheon.
The Documentary Film Festival Wednesday evening will showcase both student work and ISU alum Griffin Hammond’s documentary “Sriracha.”
Students will not want to miss COM Week, especially after seeing the topic and guest lineup.
Panel topics include job search and recruiters, promotions and advertising, event planning, sports communication, agency public relations, crisis communication, visual communication, entrepreneurship, and more!
COM Week will offer the following exciting keynote speakers:
· Phil Bedella, Vice President and General Manager, Comcast SportsNet Chicago
· Jennifer Thompson, Global Client Relationship Manager, Edelman
· Kevin Petschow and Steve Smith, award-winning public relations professionals in the corporate, medical and nonprofit fields
· Angelica Colantuoni, Senior Vice President, Digital, Weber Shandwick
· Alex Reside, freelance photographer, Rolling Stone and photo editor, Instyle.com
· Kasey Larson, president and co-founder, DBY Events and Invitations
· Alaina Kaczmarski and Danielle Moss, co-founders, The Everygirl
The keynotes and panels will take place Monday, April 14 through Wednesday, April 16. The Career Institute and Awards and Scholarships luncheon will wrap up COM Week 2014 on Thursday, April 17.
Mark your calendars for COM Week 2014 and check out cas.illinoisstate.edu/sites/comweek for schedule, speaker information, and more. You can also follow the event using the hashtag #COMWeek2014. See you there!
By Ali Seys
Leave a Reply.
PRecisely PR is the blog of the Illinois State University Chapter of the PRSSA. We write about Chapter events, the public relations industry, member profiles, and more.