1. You can always tell when someone is acting fake.
Authenticity has been drilled into you as one of the core ethical principles of public relations, and you’ve become acutely attuned to picking out the authentic from the artificial.
2. You don’t know what to do with yourself when you have a free moment because your schedule is usually packed full with internships, TA positions, PRSSA commitments and more.
Bring on the coffee!
3. You’re always waiting on the edge of your seat for a sale at the LOFT.
Recreating your Pinterest board of beautiful professional outfits isn’t cheap!
4. You’re always reading and blogging about the public relations industry.
You can never sharpen your writing skills enough, as well as keeping up with what’s happening in the industry.
5. You’ve made the very best of friends.
All those public relations agency tours, PRSSA National Conference and everything else you do with your fellow public relations majors have bonded you for life.
By Lily Sherer
PRecisely PR is the blog of the Illinois State University Chapter of the PRSSA. We write about Chapter events, the public relations industry, member profiles, and more.