CALENDAR OF EVENTS
Wednesday, Sept. 8 – Deadline for leadership position applications by 6 p.m.
Thursday, Oct. 1 – Signature Chef’s Auction Volunteer Opportunity
Friday, Oct. 2 – Deadline for National Conference
Tuesday, Oct. 6 – Deadline for member dues
Friday, Nov. 6 to Tuesday, Nov. 10 – National Conference
· President – Krista Bilow
· Vice President – Vacant
· National Liaison – Andrea Casali
· Director of Progressive Image – Audie Lauf
· Secretary – Tyler Krivich
· Lewis Pryor, APR
· Email the account for contact information
· Dr. Pete Smudde, APR
· Associate Director, School of Communication
· Associate Professor & PR Program Coordinator
· Director, Netherlands Exchange & Study Abroad Program
Public Relations Faculty
· Tom Lamonica, Instructor of Public Relations/Director of Field Experiences
· Dr. Jeff Courtright, Associate Professor
· Dr. Rebecca Hayes, Assistant Professor
· Dr. John McHale, Associate Professor
· Chelsey Eimer, Lecturer in Public Relations, Journalism, and Mass Media
· Dr. Pete Smudde, Associate Professor & PR Program Coordinator
· Relations Manager – Kimi Sanden
· Development Manager – Sydney Velez
· 8 p.m.
· SCH 138
The Vice President position is open to any dues-paying member. Duties include member recruitment, speakers, workshops, creative team, and alumni chair. Members can submit a cover letter and resume in one .pdf file to the account. Interviews will be held Thursday, Sept. 10 from 6 p.m. to 10 p.m.
PRSSA membership is only $80 for the year. Benefits include National Conference, agency tours, leadership positions, and networking events. Write checks to “ISU PRSSA.”
Returning members are mentors. New members are mentees. Members can sign up after Chapter.
PRogressive Image is a student-run public relations firm with three real world clients. This year’s clients include TV-10, United Way of McLean County, and BraiZe. Relations committee produces the Chapter blog, newsletter, alumni chair, and graphic design team. Development Committee oversees Chapter socials and fundraisers.
In the relations committee, the newsletter, blog, alumni, and graphic design chairs are open. In development, the social and fundraiser chairs are open. Progressive Image is looking for account executives for its clients. Applications are due Tuesday, Sept. 8 at 6 p.m. Email resume and cover letter including top three positions in one .pdf file to email@example.com.
National Conference is a professional development event in Atlanta from Nov. 6 – 10. The registration cost is $310 for dues-paying members plus airfare, hotel, and spending money. Members can register until Friday, Oct. 2.
Tee Shirt Quilt
Bring your unused ISU shirts to Andrea. Members can receive one MIP per tee shirt. The quilt raffle helps raise money for the Chapter.
National Conference Fundraising
We are looking for volunteers for the football concession stands on Saturday Sept. 12 at 6:30 p.m. and Saturday Oct. 3 at noon. Sign-up available after Chapter. Please bring closed toe shows and black pants to work.
Tyler Krivich is looking into prices for the Chapter tee shirt. More information about prices will be available next week.
The March of Dimes is hosting their annual Signature Chef’s Auction on Thursday, Oct. 1 in the Brown Ballroom. They are looking for volunteers from 4:30 p.m. to 7:30 p.m. See Tyler Krivich for more details.
Study Abroad in the Netherlands
Students are able to study abroad at Hanze University of Applied Sciences in Groningen. The courses will explore intercultural competence and communication, the legal, financial, and political aspects of the Eurozone and European cultures from a business perspective. Contact Dr. Smudde with any questions.
Member Incentive Points (MIPs)
Members can earn MIPs by being involved. Members can win Member of the Week, Member of the Month, Member of the Semester and Member of the Year.
Breakdown of MIPs
• 1 point: Attending meetings (Point value increases by one for each meeting they go to in a row. Starts back at 1 when they miss a meeting); Retweets/shares of PRSSA social media posts
• 3 points: Article written for newsletter/blog
• 5 points: Attending socials; Volunteering for fundraising events (per slot)
• 10 points: Attending agency tours (+ 10 for driving)
• 15 points: Perfect attendance at Chapter meetings (end of semester)
• 25 points: Attending PRSA dinners
• 30 points: Attending Regional Conference
• 50 points: Attending National Conference
Please use the Chapter hashtag: #RedbirdPR. Members can like the Chapter on Facebook (PRSSA-Illinois State University), follow on Twitter (@ilstuprssa) and follow on Instagram (ilstuprssa).
Social Media Raffle
We will be raffling off a $25 gift card to Chipotle for anyone who mentions the Chapter’s handles.
Members can email their accomplishments to the account.
Katie Helander - President