CALENDAR OF EVENTS
Thursday, Aug. 27 – Festival ISU
Tuesday, Sept. 1 – New Member Night
Wednesday, Sept. 8 – Deadline for leadership position applications by 6 p.m.
Friday, Oct. 2 – Deadline for National Conference
Tuesday, Oct. 6 – Deadline for member dues
Friday, Nov. 6 to Tuesday, Nov. 10 – National Conference
• President – Krista Bilow
• Vice President – Brett Cozzi
• National Liaison – Andrea Casali
• Director of Progressive Image – Audie Lauf
• Secretary/Treasurer – Tyler Krivich
• Lewis Pryor, APR
• Email the account for contact information
• Dr. Pete Smudde, APR
• Associate Director, School of Communication
• Associate Professor & PR Program Coordinator
• Director, Netherlands Exchange & Study Abroad Program
• Relations Manager – Kimi Sanden
• Development Manager – Sydney Velez
• 8 p.m.
• SCH 138
PRSSA membership is only $80 for the year. Benefits include National Conference, agency tours, leadership positions, and networking events. Write checks to “ISU PRSSA.”
Returning members are mentors. New members are mentees. Sign up available next week.
PRogressive Image is a student-run public relations firm with three real world clients. This year’s clients include TV-10, United Way of McLean County and BraiZe. Relations committee oversees the Chapter blog, newsletter, alumni chair, and graphic design team. Development Committee oversees Chapter socials and fundraisers.
In the relations committee, the newsletter, blog, alumni, and graphic design chairs are open. In development, the social and fundraiser chairs are open. Progressive Image is looking for account executives for its clients. Applications are due Wednesday, Sept. 8 at 6 p.m. Email resume and cover letter including top three positions in one .pdf file to firstname.lastname@example.org.
Festival ISU is Thursday, Aug. 27 from 10 a.m. to 3 p.m on the quad. We are looking for volunteers to work 30 minute intervals. Members who volunteer will receive MIPs.
United Way of McLean County is looking for two to three volunteers for their kick-off campaign. Members can learn more information about one of Progressive Image’s clients this year. Contact Tyler Fiesel for more information.
National Conference is in Atlanta from Nov. 6 – 10. The registration cost is $310 for dues-paying members plus airfare, hotel, and spending money. Members can register until Friday, Oct. 2.
Tee Shirt Quilt
Bring your unused ISU shirts to Andrea. Members can receive one MIP per tee shirt. The quilt raffle helps raise money for the Chapter.
Study Abroad in the Netherlands
Students are able to study abroad at Hanze University of Applied Sciences in Groningen. The courses will explore intercultural competence and communication, the legal, financial, and political aspects of the Eurozone and European cultures from a business perspective. Contact Dr. Smudde with any questions.
Member Incentive Points (MIPs)
Members can earn MIPs by being involved. Members can win Member of the Week, Member of the Month, Member of the Semester and Member of the Year.
Breakdown of MIPs
• 1 point: Attending meetings (Point value increases by one for each meeting they go to in a row. Starts back at 1 when they miss a meeting); Retweets/shares of PRSSA social media posts
• 3 points: Article written for newsletter/blog
• 5 points: Attending socials; Volunteering for fundraising events (per slot)
• 10 points: Attending agency tours (+ 10 for driving)
• 15 points: Perfect attendance at Chapter meetings (end of semester)
• 25 points: Attending PRSA dinners
• 30 points: Attending Regional Conference
• 50 points: Attending National Conference
Please use the Chapter hashtag: #RedbirdPR. Members can like the Chapter on Facebook (PRSSA-Illinois State University), follow on Twitter (@ilstuprssa) and follow on Instagram (ilstuprssa).
Members can email their accomplishments to the account.
Megan Pellock - President