THE SEMESTER AHEAD…
November 18, 19, 20: Ugly Sweater Sale
November 19: Feedback!
Dec 3: Finals prep party
Membership Incentive Points (MIPS)
Points that will be added at the end of the school year for prizes!
Attendance and participation
Attend socials, fundraisers, or volunteer events
Attend agency tour or networking mixer
Attend PRSA dinner
Perfect chapter attendance
Attend Regional Conference
Attend National Conference
Thank you for all of you who came out to Ketchum and Motion Design this past Friday! It was such a good networking opportunity and hopefully you all gained insight on working within PR agencies!
Please let us know your accomplishments (internships, scholarships, awards, etc.) so we can acknowledge your hard work! (Even birthdays!) Email: email@example.com
Congratulations to PRSSA member, Sal Navarro for winning 3rd place for Navarro Content Strategy in the Start Up showcase!
This is such an awesome accomplishment! We are SO proud!!
Ugly Sweater Sale!
Our Ugly Sweater Sale will be November 18, 19, & 20!
Bring your friends!
The link to working the table is here.
Bowling Sign Up is here!
This Friday, November 15th!
FREE EVENT & FREE PIZZA!
Bring your friends!
Take the survey in the Band App! :)
Ketchum Fellows & Internship
YWCA: Marketing & Public Relations Intern
American Association for Employment in Education!
AAEE IS LOOKING FOR A MARKETING/COMMUNICATION INTERN
The American Association for Employment in Education (AAEE) seeks a dynamic, self-starter to assist marketing and communications efforts. This internship is an excellent opportunity to experience various aspects of marketing while working for a well-established national nonprofit organization. This is a work from home, part-time position.
· Update and maintain AAEE's social media presence, including drafting and scheduling social media updates
· Assist in planning, writing and managing monthly eNewsletter and blog posts
· Designing flyers, graphics, e-vites and other marketing material
· Update the AAEE website when needed
· Collaborating with staff on new ideas, directions, and venues for marketing and
· Firm grasp of available tools and platforms in the social media space
· Completed or working toward a college degree, preferably in a related field (e.g., English, Marketing/Communications, or Public Relations)
· Previous internship or related experience in marketing or communications is a plus
· Knowledge of HTML and graphic design is a plus but not required
· An effective and professional communicator, both written and oral
· Self-motivated, good organizational skills, detail-oriented, ability to prioritize, multi-task and meet deadlines
· Ability and discipline to work independently from home
Start Date: Position open until filled; requires 3-6 month commitment.
Hours: Part-time, flexible (not to exceed 300 hours)
Compensation: $15.00 per hour
How to Apply: Please send resume and cover letter to Kaitlyn Miller, Strategic Marketing Manager at firstname.lastname@example.org.
Washington D.C. Internship The Fund for American Studies (Summer 2020):
The Fund for American Studies Summer 2020 D.C. Academic Internship Programs
Early Deadline: December 10
Priority Deadline: February 11
Final Deadline: March 10
Follow us on social media to stay up to date on news and upcoming events!
Like us on Facebook (PRSSA-Illinois State University)
Follow us on Twitter (@ilstuprssa)
Follow us on Instagram (ilstuprssa)
Follow us on LinkedIn (ISUPRSSA)
Use our Chapter hashtag: #RedbirdPR
Thank you to everyone who came out tonight to discuss the importance of cover letters! I know it was really cold out so for the people who came- YOU'RE AWESOME :)
See you next week!
Next week we will be having a Feedback meeting! Please come with any suggestions on what we can do for next year or what we can improve on!
Jessica Grzesiak - President